Life app. Bible-

Unbelief and rejection breaks God's heart, because He knows the consequences. But when the door of the human heart is shut, He refuses to enter forcibly. He will only knock, wanting to gain admittance. He has given us the ability to choose. But when we choose the wrong thing, He knows the repercussions that will follow—in this life and the one to come.







I can sit in a wheelchair with hope and joy...ask me why! ........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY5vqcQcwiE



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Terry and God's seatbelts!!

Today at http://www.thecoolchurch.com/ church, Terry R. filled in for Pastor David and did an excellent job……… Terry‘s occupation a police man and Pastor….. how cool is that! did a public service announcement “wear your seat belt’!! He showed a picture of his wife and said” I love my bride, she is perfect in my eyes [maybe not yours] and gets the job done… and if you have a problem with her you have a problem with me”! Jesus has a bride TOO “the church” and says if you have a problem with her, you have a problem with me!…..Terry spoke of David and how king Saul tried to kill him in http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20samuel%2019&version=NIV 1 Samuel 19...most people would have run as far as possible to remove them selves from that situation, but David obeyed God and stayed close to the prophet Samuel….Jesus has given us “seatbelts” 1. prayer, we also have the prophets …Samuel Isaiah Jeremiah Micah….2. ”the Bible” and 3. “the church” our brothers and sisters mothers and fathers grandmothers grandfathers sons and daughters in Christ… “our church family” on this journey together in Christ to encourage, uplift, cry, joyful thru all the seasons of our life of joy trials and tribulations births deaths marriages divorces addictions diseases poverty…….… I AM FONDLY RECALLING THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE UP MY CHURCH FAMILY And they may not be perfect…..to me they are! …. GOOD AND BAD BUT YOU STILL LOVE THEM like family AND CHOOSE TO ENCOURAGE THEIR GOOD AND PRAY FOR THEIR BAD…..I wear my seatbelt in the car every where I go so much so in fact I feel naked and an impending disaster is at hand!….Thank you Terry, the reason why I love to go to church are certainly my church family and to hear the word of God plainly spoken! God’s seat belts for me!

2 comments:

Gerry Adams said...

Good post Nancy. The older I get, the more I realize that no one in our church family is perfect, especially me. We are going through the book of Revolution at our church, but we're on a break from it right now as our pastor and his wife are taking a tour of Israel. They should have some good stories to share when they get back.

nacotaco said...

Hi Gerry! I love being around older Christians, they have phenominal wisdom! I feel at home=]....Israel....one day I wish to see it but it is amazing I can still see it online!